If you are considering opening a hair salon then you are going to need equipment in the building. You will need all of the specialized pieces that are used to create the different hairstyles that women, and men, like to wear. The following are a few items that you must have to operate a hair salon.
1. A hair dryer is one of the most important pieces of equipment in a hair salon. You have to have a way to dry the customer’s hair before you style it. Some of the hairdressers will keep blow dryers at their stations because a lot of cuts are okay to dry with these portable dryers before styling begins. A good beauty shop will also have several dryers that the person sits beneath so that their hair can be rolled onto rollers and then dried with a steady supply of heat.
2. You have to have chairs that are able to be lifted to different heights if you are going to work on people’s hair. In order for the beautician that is cutting and styling the hair to do their job without being under constant duress you have to supply them with a chair that is able to be lifted and lowered to appropriate heights.
3. You will need a basin to wash hair in and in front of that basin you will need a chair that the customer can sit in. The chair will allow the customer to recline and rest their neck in the opening of the basin. The person washing the hair will have a nozzle that is retractable and will be able to wash and rinse the hair without getting water on the customer.
4. You will need aprons to place over the customer’s clothing so that hair, and dyes, and chemicals, do not accidentally get onto the clothing of the patron. These aprons are usually made of plastic so they are easy to clean and hard to stain.
5. You have to have large mirrors placed in front of the styling chairs so that the customer can see their own reflection. You also need hand held mirrors so the customer can turn their back to the large mirror and use the small one to observe how the back of their hair looks. Manicure Equipment